For men, ten reasons a daughter is better than a son;
1. You don’t spend money on toys that are actually for you, not your child (Scalextric, model railways, tools, dirt-bikes etc.)
2. A much higher chance that your daughter will tidy up after herself.
3. A much lower chance that your child will choose to become a soldier, deep sea diver, experimental parachute tester, debt collector, or any other dangerous profession.
4. When she reaches sixteen, she’ll still want shoes. Not a moped.
5. The dream that you and your son will embark on all kind of manly adventures together in some some kind of paternalistic masculine bonding exercise is just that; a dream. Let’s face it, you a) Work b) Have quite evenings in with a book/surfing the net/watching the telly.
6. There won’t come a point where rough and tumbling with your child they will realise they are now strong enough to keep you in a headlock.
7. There is less chance that you will have to bail them out of jail.
8. If they do become formula 1 world champion it will be even more amazing.
9. When they ask “where do babies come from?” it’s not going to be you that has the conversation.
10. Be there for them, and you will be their hero for longer.